That the Civic Administration BE ADVISED that the Advisory Committee on the Environment recommends that a communication program be developed related to the Bee City implementation that would increase awareness for members of the public as well as between City of London departments; it being noted that the following items were received with respect to London as a Bee City:
· the attached presentation from L. McDougall, Ecologist Planner, entitled “Protecting and Enhancing Pollinator Habitat in London;
· a verbal delegation from A.M. Valastro;
· a verbal delegation from G. Barrett, Manager – Long Range Planning and Research;
· the resubmitted Memo, appended to the agenda, dated August 22, 2018, entitled “Responses to the ACE’s Plight of the Pollinators and Bee City Recommendations (2014 and 2018)”; and,
· the update document, appended to the agenda, dated Summer 2018, entitled “City of London A Leader in Habitat and Pollinator Protection, Engagement and Creation Initiatives”.